Sunday, July 18, 2010

Maybe I should have said no

Yesterday I had the bible study and this time one lady was there at te beginning of the meeting and another member walked in 30 minutes late. Before everyone got there I was talking to the pastor about some things in the church and the lack of faith and hope that I had seen. We continued talking and then he asked me if I wanted to preach today. Without hesitation I said yes (I haven´t preached in over 2 months now so I really wanted to) but then I realized that I usually have atleast a week to prepare my sermons along with a Library full of commentaries...oh yeah, and they whole Spanish thing. I didn´t wake up until 9:00 this morning and I have a meeting at 12:00 which means I now have about an hour to write a sermon in Spanish. Needless to say, I´m going to need alot of prayers tonight around 7:00.

This is my text for tonight:
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:38-42)

Peace,

Brandon

1 comment:

  1. How did the sermon go? You could've used the previous entry as a perfect match to what the scripture means in our day.... don't waste time with chores when the Lord is around, or: Don't make excuses when church is calling. :)

    Peace to you,
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete